Well 2008 has come in with a bang. Not only are we all sick with colds, but the dog decided he wanted in on a little extra attention as well. It all started yesterday when I thought I noticed blood on the couch but could not figure out where it came from. I figured Anaiah had something pink on her hands and cleaned it off. Later that evening I noticed another droplet of blood on the floor and decided to investigate. David quickly found blood all along Beau's side. There was a deep wound that we thought we could take care of ourselves at first, but after washing it and getting a better look we discovered it was much worse than we thought. Of course it had to be after hours so off to the doggy ER it was. ( I am now eating my words since boasting that our family was doing pretty well staying out of urgent care these last few weeks!) The vet informed us after examining him that it was indeed even more serious and that the best thing would be for him to be sedated and kept overnight. A bunch of dead skin had to be trimmed away so that the silver dollar sized laceration would heal properly. While what happened is still a mystery, the vet felt strongly that it looked like a dog bite and was more than likely caused by too much rough housing with our other dog!!
Wednesday, January 2, 2008
Well 2008 has come in with a bang. Not only are we all sick with colds, but the dog decided he wanted in on a little extra attention as well. It all started yesterday when I thought I noticed blood on the couch but could not figure out where it came from. I figured Anaiah had something pink on her hands and cleaned it off. Later that evening I noticed another droplet of blood on the floor and decided to investigate. David quickly found blood all along Beau's side. There was a deep wound that we thought we could take care of ourselves at first, but after washing it and getting a better look we discovered it was much worse than we thought. Of course it had to be after hours so off to the doggy ER it was. ( I am now eating my words since boasting that our family was doing pretty well staying out of urgent care these last few weeks!) The vet informed us after examining him that it was indeed even more serious and that the best thing would be for him to be sedated and kept overnight. A bunch of dead skin had to be trimmed away so that the silver dollar sized laceration would heal properly. While what happened is still a mystery, the vet felt strongly that it looked like a dog bite and was more than likely caused by too much rough housing with our other dog!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment