Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Dance Class

Anaiah has started dance class and it has been interesting to see how she interacts with other kids. She loves to copy others so I figured she would be fine since her close friend Sarah was in the same class with her, and Sarah loves to dance. I was incredibly mistaken. Within the first 5 minutes she found a new friend to copy- the only boy in the class and quite mischievous! So mischievous that he was kicked out of class the first 5 minutes. Sooo, the first class was a bust. We spent the whole next week talking about how she needed to listen to her teacher and that even if others do not do what they are told that she still had to. Class #2?? I was told it went better, but when we were invited back in to watch the kids dance, Anaiah decided she'd had enough. The first video was taken of the second class. Wondering why you don't see Anaiah dancing with the others?? Oh she's there, you just have to look closely. Do you see the pink blob back in the corner? Yep, she found another friend to copy. This time a little girl who decided to grab the mats and take a snooze. I tried to coax her back but Anaiah's mind was made up. She was not leaving those mats to dance! Alas, we were back to talking about following directions and making good choices even if friends don't. I swear I felt like a broken record by the 3rd class! But, she finally came through and decided to participate. The 2nd video is of the third class. I guess the third time's the charm. Sorry for the poor footage, I was holding Lydia while trying to film and she was squirmy, but it gets a little better as it goes along.

No comments: