Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Tamales

This year it seemed especially hard not being around our California family for Christmas. It has been too long since we have seen everybody! So, we decided to try to recreate some traditions ourselves. First, I made David's favorite wine cake. That was only mostly disastrous. One of our adorable little children (I'm not naming names but you can guess) was eyeballing it all morning and decided to pull the entire cake dish off of the counter onto the floor. The whole thing shattered. But David did get one piece:) Our other endeavor was to make homemade tamales. I have to admit this was all David's idea. I thought we were in way over our heads. And I was right. But he had the guts to do it and it really was a lot of fun. There were a few little quirks but no major mishaps like I was expecting. And 2 days and 8 dozen tamales later I'd say it was a success! Papa and Grandma we hope we made you proud!





2 comments:

RobandJeminahWheatcroft said...

Dezi, they look delicious! I am going to try to do it one day. So I may need some tips :) Love you!

kellie m. said...

they look amazing!