Monday, November 12, 2007

Welcome Lydia Nicole!


Well once again I have proven that I am not at all good at predicting this whole labor thing! With weeks of annoying false labor I learned not to take any little contraction to heart and began to ignore them completely. So when I woke up to a strong contraction I did what I had been doing and rolled over to go back to sleep. I soon noticed a slight pattern and decided to wake David to get his opinion. The contractions seemed to be coming every 3-5 minutes but were very short. I figured they were not lasting long enough to be real labor. Nevertheless we decided to call our midwives to let them know what was going on. They agreed that it was a little strange but my last labor was out of the ordinary so we should take this seriously and they would check up in 20 minutes. When they called back it still did not seem to be very intense but something was happening regularly. My midwife decided that I was only feeling the peak of the contraction and that is why they seemd so short. She insisted that David begin to set up the pool and Anaiah be picked up by my mom. I reluctantly passed the message on to David, still wondering what all the fuss was about! The contractions then seemed to back off and I was growing all the more sure that this was a false alarm. I even tried to persuade David not to put water in the pool and to call the midwives and have them turn around. He then persuaded me that it would be better that they get there and it not be the real thing than for them not to make it in time( which almost happened last time)! So, they show up and I try to convince them that things are not moving along only to be informed that I was six centimeters dilated! Lydia was born two hours later. Lucky for me that nobody took my word for it!

4 comments:

Johnny Wey said...

Congrats! She is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Hey DEZ!!! She is so BEAUTIFUL. I knew she would be. Congrats! Lots of hugs. Rosie

Anonymous said...

hi guys! big congratulations to you! she is BEAUTIFUL! we love the name lydia, and were talking just a few days ago that if we have another girl someday, that Lydia would be a top name choice. :) so happy that things we well, and fast. praise God for fast labors! though maybe more intense than slow ones, much better to get it over with. blessings to all of you and your new precious lil one!

Trisha Dawn said...

Congratulations! Eisley was almost exactly Anaiah's age when Mekhi was born, and I see a lot of similarities. She frequently fake sneezes and then proclaims in a very loud voice, "I woke Khi up!" loud enough to actually wake him up, of course.

We will have to get Eisley and Anaiah together when things calm down for you!

~Trisha